ISO 14001 Certification is an internationally recognized standard with process-based approach that facilitates the Organization to implement the effective means for identifying and systematically reduce harmful impacts on the environment to meet the Organizational environmental policy, objectives, and regulatory requirements.
ISO 14001:2015 Certification is a set of environmental management system requirements that an organization can use to enhance its environmental performance that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability.
The purpose of ISO 14001 is to provide a systematic approach to identify and control adverse environmental impacts by efficient use of resources, adequate waste management, compliance of regulatory obligation, saving ecosystem and biodiversity to protect the environment and acheive a balance environment, society and the economy.
Now ISO 14001 has a larger focus on life-cycle thinking to ensure management and controls of environmental aspects and impacts from development to end-of-life to protect and save ecosystem.
Why ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
- Benefits of ISO 14001 certification are:
- ISO 14001 helps in developing strategic approach to improve organizational environmental performance.
- Helps in incorporating environmental issues into business management system to achieve strategic business goal.
- Helps in development of Life cycle thinking approach.
- To reduce carbon foot-printing, waste handling, water, and wastewater management.
- Preventive measures against adverse impact on the environment.
- Encourage better environmental performance of suppliers